- Schedule of Classes - March 24, 2015 6:16PM EDT
- Course Catalog - March 24, 2015 6:20PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2014-2015.
This course considers the historical evolution and contemporary challenges of social welfare policy in the US. We first examine social welfare provision from historical and comparative perspectives. We then discuss empirical and normative debates surrounding current social policies, considering different perspectives on the role of government in crafting and funding social policy.
When Offered Spring.Outcomes
- Identify major debates over the provision of social safety net programs in the US.
- Evaluate these debates using comparative and historical perspectives.
- Evaluate evidence on the effects of social safety net policies.
Or send this URL: