- Schedule of Classes - January 14, 2015 6:16PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 14, 2015 6:21PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2014-2015.
Teaches various statistical methods for managerial decision making, with a particular emphasis on regression and forecasting. Other topics include ANOVA, correlation, confounding, interaction, and statistical process control. Emphasizes applications to health care organizations.
When Offered Fall.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: Sloan students only.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: at least one statistics course.
- Be able to understand basic statistical data presentations using averages, standard deviation, tstatistics, and hypothesis tests.
- Use bi-variate and multivariate regression analysis techniques.
- Use dummy variables and fixed effects to analyze cross-state data.
- Use dummy variables and trend variables to analyze seasonal trends and make short-run forecasts.
- Understand the issues of endogeneity, correlation and causation when analyzing the relationship between variables.
Or send this URL: