- Schedule of Classes - March 24, 2015 6:16PM EDT
- Course Catalog - March 24, 2015 6:20PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2014-2015.
This course is designed for graduate students considering a career in the public sector in budgeting and debt management, a career in planning, implementing and operating public infrastructure (including transportation, water and sewer, power, education, etc.) or a career in capital markets. At the completion of the course students will have a strong working knowledge of key principles and techniques of public finance and a familiarity with finance instruments.
When Offered Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: MPA Student or by permission of instructor.
- Student will apply key finance tools (discounted cash flow, NPV, IRR, amortization, cost of capital) to public finance problems (with emphasis on infrastructure finance).
- Student will describe how capital markets and credit analysis/ratings affect public sector financial decisions.
- Student will analyze public income and balance sheet statements.
- Student will discuss the role of bond markets in shaping public finance.
- Student will develop an original position paper on a topic in public finance.
Or send this URL: