This course will introduce students to the many phases of a project's life cycle. Students will gain knowledge and understanding of Project Management principles and how to manage them effectively using Project Management techniques by monitoring and maintaining control of scope, time, and costs within a project.
COURSE CONTENT AND APPROACH
On completion of this course the student should be able to:
- Use project management theories, concepts, methods and tools to manage projects.
- Select and adapt the appropriate project management approach based on the context of the project to its organizational and wider environment.
- Increase the probability of success by emphasizing the most critical aspects of project management.
- Work in a team.
Emphasis will be on:
- Using the theories, concepts, methods and tools presented in the readings
- Team dynamics, communication and feedback
- Using creative and critical thinking