Commentary by the Atlas editors: The class titles in the syllabus provide an excellent list of topics to be created on the Atlas:
- What is development?
- Health and development
- Development strategies in theory and practice
- The economic role of the state
- Democracy, accountability and human rights in development
- Civil society and the private sector in development
- Community based development, individual empowerment and the problem of scale
- Aid and development: does it work?
- What should aid agencies do?
- Natural resources, geography and infrastructure investments in development
- International trade and development
- Fragile states, civil conflict, humanitarianism and development
- Program evaluation and policy learning in development
Page created by: Ian Clark, 6 January 2014. The content presented on this page, except in the Commentary, is drawn directly from the source(s) cited above, and consists of direct quotations or close paraphrases.